The Agriculture program will allow students to gain the practical skills and valuable knowledge necessary for multiple areas of agriculture focusing on applied agriculture.
Options available to the students include an Associate of Applied Science Degree with emphases in Diesel or Welding.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and related safety practices associated with the applied agriculture environment.
- Possess the knowledge to perform tasks of entry-level agriculture employment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal and work characteristics that contribute to an effective job performance.
- Use effective communication skills appropriate to the agriculture field.
- Apply the theory of applied agriculture using critical thinking/reasoning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Use appropriate mathematical data and reasoning skills.
Employment opportunities include farming and ranching, self-employment, cattle operation, and local agencies involved in the area of agriculture.
MPCC also offers an emphasis in Agribusiness through the Business Department. Information can be found on the Agribusiness degree page.
Core AGRI Electives
Students can select from the following electives to fulfill the AGRI Electives within the Agriculture Degree.
|ACCT 1210||Principles of Accounting II||3.0|
& AGRI 1541
|Introduction to Soil Science|
and Intro to Soil Science Lab
|AGRI 2100||Animal Products||3.0|
|AGRI 2500||Animal Management||3.0|
|AGRI 2620||Intro to Pest Management||4.0|