Business Office Technology
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Office Technology offers three areas of emphasis: Administrative Assistant, Legal and Medical.
The two-year degree provides necessary business and office technology and interpersonal skills to succeed in the job market. The degree is designed to prepare students through a program of study to demonstrate entry-level skills for a career as an administrative assistant, medical office assistant, or a legal office assistant. Depending on background and career objectives, developmental skills and other preparatory course work may be required in addition to the 60-62 credit hours required for the degree.
A Business Office Technology diploma and certificates for Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Office Technology, Medical Transcriptionist, or Legal Technology are also available to meet the needs of employees in the health care and legal communities.
- Acquire entry-level skills for employment in an office environment in one of the emphasis areas.
- Operate modern computer equipment utilizing various software application packages.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate human relations skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of mathematical reasoning and principles in relation to entry-level employment.
The Business Office Technology Program is intended for students seeking employment immediately following graduation. Opportunities exist in business, law, education, agriculture, health care, transportation, e-commerce and other industries.
Electives may be selected from non-program business technology classes, business, computer science, information technology or other related courses recommended by your business office technology advisor.
Associate of Applied Science Degrees
- Business Office Technology, Administrative Assistant Emphasis, AAS
- Business Office Technology, Legal Emphasis, AAS
- Business Office Technology, Medical Emphasis, AAS